serving St. Cloud, Albany and surrounding areas
ATTORNEY AT LAW
- Civil Litigation: Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, and Contract disputes
- Business: Asset and Purchase Agreements, Corporate formation, and non-competition and non-disclosure agreement
- Real Estate: Eminent domain, and boundary disputes
- Estate and Trust
Mike was born in St. Cloud, MN. He is a graduate of St. John's University and William Mitchell College of Law. He has over 34 years of legal experience, including 31 of those years being in the St. Cloud area. Mike brings a broad range of legal experience, including personal injury, trust and estate, eminent domain, business and employment matters. Mike also has past experience in Family and Criminal Law. He's argued numerous cases in the Minnesota Court of Appeals and was successful in two Minnesota Supreme Court cases; Northern States Power Co v. Aleckson, et al. and Great River Energy v. Swedzinski, et al.
In the area of personal injury and wrongful death, Mr. Rajkowski is committed to obtaining the best results for injured people and grieving families. He has obtained numerous 6 figure trial verdicts and settlements for his clients. He is a strong advocate for his clients and will help them through difficult times after an accident occurs. In the area of estates and trusts, Mike will assist clients in making sure their final wishes are known and followed. He will also try to keep your estate out of the courts by planning ahead, and hopefully avoiding having your estate tied up in court for months or longer. Mike is also a strong advocate for individuals who after the death of a loved one find themselves involved in a probate litigation. He will be your advocate and will work for you to obtain the best possible result and the wishes of the deceased loved ones are met.
In the area of condemnation/eminent domain, Mike has been a strong advocate for landowners' rights. He has represented landowners in a variety of local and state eminent domain proceedings. He has had significant involvement in cases against the CapX2020 Project, which involved public utilities erecting multiple 345kv lines throughout Minnesota. This involved hundreds of landowners.
Mike is a current board member of the St. Joseph Preserve. Mike is a past board member and president of the Tri-County Humane Society and New Beginnings. Mike was also an adjunct Professor at the St. Cloud Technical and Community College. He also chaired the St. Cloud Chamber of Commerce's Business Development Council. Mike and his wife Patrice have three beautiful daughters. He also enjoys spending time reading, cooking, doing crossword puzzles, traveling, and golfing.
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 1988
- St. John's University
- B.A. - 1984
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- Minnesota Eminent Domain Institute (M.E.D.I.), Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota Association for Justice, Member
- Seventh Judicial District Association, Member
- Stearns / Benton County Bar Association, Member
- Tri-County Humane Society, Past President
- New Beginnings, Past President
- Saint Cloud Area Chamber of Commerce and Business Development Council
Classes & Seminars
- Adjunct Professor, Saint Cloud Technical & Community College
- Northern States Power Co. v. Aleckson, 831 NW 2d 303 (Minn. 2013), 2013, Supreme
- Great River Energy v. Swedzinski, 860 N.W. 2d 362 (Minn. 2015), 2015, Supreme
Current Employment Position